COLLOONEY RAILWAY STATION
The small town of Collooney was quite remarkable
as it once boasted three railway stations.
The Midland Great Western
the Sligo Leitrim and North Counties Railway
and the Great South Western Railway
all had stations in the town.
Only the Midland Great Western station,
which opened on the 3rd December1862, survives.
The SLNC opened on the 1st September 1881
closing on the 1st October 1957
and the GSW opened on 1st October 1895
and closed on the 3rd November 1975.
The picture below
shows the main station building
and the substantial stone goods shed in the background