Clara once boasted two stations.
The Midland Great Western station on the
Streamstown Branch opened on 1st April 1862 and closed in 1925 .
The branch remained in use for goods until full closure on 18 th March 1963
when a J15 Class 0-6-0 no 151 worked the last service.
The surviving Clara Station
built by the Great Western and Southern Railway
opened on 3 October 1859.
The stone-built station building remains in use
and houses a booking office and waiting room.
The water tower, which can be seen on the photographs,
was built in 1860.