Claremorris Station was opened on the 19th May 1862
and is situated on the Midland Great Western line
from Dublin to Westport.
The once busy station had several lines radiating out from it
including the lines to
Collooney (opened 1895 closed 1975),
Ballinrobe (opened 1893 closed 1960)
and Athenry, which last saw freight use in the early 1990s
and which now lies mothballed.
The station was rebuilt in 1892.
Of the five platforms at the current station
only two see regular use.
The Signal Box and Water Tower
still stand out-of-use
but the Engine Shed is no more.