Dromod Railway Station in County Leitrim
is situated 87miles 25 chains from Dublin on the Dublin / Sligo route.
Built by the Midland Great Western Railway
the station opened on the 3 December 1862.
The Cavan and Leitrim Narrow Gauge Railway also had a station here,
still in existence,
which was adjacent to the main station.
The narrow gauge line opened on the 24 October 1887
and closed on the 1 April 1959.
The current attractive, staffed-station has a good size car park,
and a manned ticket office.
The large goods shed still stands in the old station yard
in spite of freight traffic having withdrawn
on 3 November 1975.