Built by the Midland Great Western, Maynooth station, in County Kildare,
is situated 14 miles 72 chains from Dublin Connolly,
Today, it is a very busy outer suburban commuter station,
but this was not always the case.
In fact the station was closed on 10 November 1947,
and did not re-open until 30 November 1981.
In 2001, the station received a major upgrade
and a new ticket office, shop and administrative offices were built.
The current station has two platforms.
On leaving the station towards Sligo, the line singles,
and has passing loops at selective stations all the way to Sligo.