As the 1910 and 1938 timetables below will reveal, not only was there a Leeds to Ilkley service via Guiseley but one, which ran via Otley & Headingley, with a connection to Harrogate at either Pool-in-Wharfedale (used Bradford F.S. - Harrogate service via Arthington North Jct.) or Arthington, a route, which closed on 22 March 1965.
In fact, as the above map will show, there were three triangular junctions in the area, viz. at Burley-in-Wharfedale, Arthington, and Shipley, with all sides in use but now only Shipley remains.
At Shipley, and until fairly recently, there was no platform available for use by Leeds - Skipton trains.
Interestingly, however, and certainly post 1945, the 10:35 departure from Leeds City to Carnforth was booked to call at Shipley. From personal knowledge, the train drew past Shipley Bingley Jct. and then reversed into the now-derelict platform at Shipley, thus adding yet more minutes to a very slow journey, but, on a summer Saturday, there was an express service departing Leeds City at 11:15 hrs for Barrow, avoiding Carnforth, and the time-consuming manoevre at Shipley.
Additionally, as many will recall, Ilkley was formerly connected to Skipton via Addingham, Bolton Abbey and Embsay.
The above line was also used by Leeds - Ilkley - Skipton services, which were extended to Morecambe via Lancaster Green Ayre (see 1938 timetable).
Several Leeds / Bradford to Morecambe excursions were also booked to use this route, as recalled by a visit many years ago to Morecambe Promenade Station one weekend during the town's Illumination period.
On the closure of the line between Kirkby Stephen and Barnard Castle, the through services linking Newcastle and Blackpool were, for a time, routed via Harrogate, Otley, Ilkley, Skipton, Colne and Blackburn, for which no timetable, sadly, is available for publication.